Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Manic Monday!

Yesterday was officially a Manic Monday! I was sick all weekend (flat on my back, not a little snuffly), so come Monday morning I wasn't even feeling like getting out of bed much less tackling everything I had to do. Here's how it went down:

Morning- I got Chase ready for school, and was waiting for his ride to pick him up so I could take a shower and get ready for work. For some reason his ride didn't come... and didn't come, and when I realized he was going to be late we all hopped in the car. I was in my jammies and slippers, and Clara had no pants. Anyway, I drop him off and told him he was late, kissed him, watched him walk inside and drove away. I get home and realize I'm really running short on time - so I start getting Clara ready and turn on the shower water at the same time. Then I get a call from Brian saying "Mrs Scoville just called me - there's no school today." I'm thinking "why would groundhog day be that big of a deal that they'd cancel school?" But then I found out it was "Professional Development Day" and a ganitor found Chase wandering the halls by himself. OK - no shower for me today I guess. I throw on some clothes, toss my hair in a ponytail and put my make-up in my purse to apply on my way to work. Then I frantically rush Clara into the car for the second time that morning - she's crying. I drive over to the school to pick up Chase, feeling like the worst mom ever! Luckily he wasn't too upset - he even got a donut from the room where all the teachers were meeting (and probably also discussing moronic parents like myself). Then I drop the kids off at the babysitters house and head to work hungry, frustraited, and feeling miserable. A co-worker had the nerve to tell me I 'looked cute today' and I couldn't even respond! :)

Afternoon- I left work early even though I wasn't done, because I felt so aweful. I called Brian on my way to get the kids and he said "did anything come for you this morning?" I responded in the negative, and then he tells me he had sent flowers to my office to offset some of the craziness of the morning. How sweet! Unfortunately, they ended up on the other Erin's desk! The thought still cheered me up, and I knew I'd have to go back to work later that night to finish up what I'd left - so I'd get them then. Then I enjoyed a nice nap with Clara.

Evening- I make chicken nuggets for the kids because I have no appetite for anything myself. I skip my spin class and help the kids make some valentines for uncle Kyle. Brian comes home and has to make dinner for himself (oops, I thought as far as the kids' dinner but had completely forgotten about Bri!). I'm pretty sure he was thinking twice about the flowers at this point. We have a quick FHE, and I head back to work while Brian cleans up the mess in the kitchen that his wife has looked at but hasn't touched all day. I come back home to a clean house at 9:30 with flowers in hand. All I want to do is go to bed. I get throuh two of the ten chapters of the Book of Mormon I was supposed to read that day (I'm doing a 40 day program, and didn't want to get behind) - when Clara wakes up crying. I go lay with her until she's back asleep, then crawl into my own bed forfeiting the other eight chapters and call in an overdue ending to a not so stellar day.

It's now Tuesday, and so far everything is going TERRIFIC!


  1. Oh Erin... I am so sorry about your Monday. That is the worst way to start out the week! I hope today and the rest of this week go better for you!

  2. Oh what a day! That is something i woudl have done taking him to school. I love you new blog I loved the old one to. You are so fun I wish we could still live close by.